Who can adopt?
Did you know there are only three key criteria to adopt.
- You must be over 21
- You must be domiciled in the UK and living here for at least a year
Neither you nor an adult member of your household has been convicted or cautioned in respect of serious offences against children.
You will need plenty of patience and energy. Above all, you need to be determined to give a child the kind of love and support that will really make a difference to their lives.
We welcome enquiries from people of all ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds.
We help you every step of the way.
- You will have an adoption social worker to guide you through your journey
- We will give you advice, information and training
- We have support groups where you can meet other adopters.
- Sometimes you may need extra support and we have experts who you can talk to.
For intercountry adoption, the Intercountry Adoption Centre provides a range of services on behalf of the Consortium including a Help Line, training, support groups and a full range of assessment services.
They can be contacted as follows:
22 Union Street, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 4HZ
Advice Line: 0208 447 4753
Email: [email protected]